Skip to main content

Muted Mutt Madness!?

So as most of you know (most meaning none), I walk to work, KFC Mooroolbark, every morning. It is only a 20 minute stroll and I often use this time to reflect upon the possible happenings of my day or listen to some music, as is usually the thing to do when strolling. Having done this for nearly a year and a half now, I have become quite familiar with my travel route, and have come to expect a few things on my way... kind of like landmarks for lack of a better word.


So first thing I always expect to see is one house on my street, where it's occupants are never inside and are instead spending their time doing who knows what in their four wheel drive. They are a nice elderly couple I believe as the gentleman is sometimes tending to his garden and very politely says G'day.

Next on my list of landmarks, though not all that interesting, is the Horner household, usually with at least one of their vast array of automobilia parked out the front. Occasionally around this section of my stroll their is a German Shepherd across the street that will bark its head off at me... most often times causing me to "crap myself", as I am usually deep in thought about something at this stage.



So by now you are probably asking yourself, why on earth am I reading about one of the most boring strolls in the world? Myself, I like to build things up or at least rant for a little bit so as to make my main point come across as something of much greater importance than it actually is.

That being said, I now come to the main point... as I walk along Hull Road there is one house that always has two dogs running around the front yard and as they focus their attention on me, I brace myself for an experience much like the one involving the previously mentioned German Shepherd. Strangely enough the loud barks that I anticipate never come... they are only small dogs, but they are usually the ones that bark... and let me tell you they do, the only problem being that no sound comes out of their mouths! So as I walk by, these canines are following me, and I am left to imagine what should be annoying barking noises coming from their yapping jaws.

The question here: Has the lady of the household had her dogs vocal chords removed?!

Was their owner so fed up by their incessant barking that rather than have them attend obedience school she had a vet surgically remove the vocal chords? Is this sort of thing normal? Or were the dogs perhaps born without the ability to bark? Or maybe they have been taken to obedience school and have been trained to mime-bark(mirk, mark, bime, barkime?)? Whatever it is, I am thoroughly intrigued to get an answer...

If you think you have an idea as to what this strange phenommenon is... please comment below :D.

I would ask the lady myself, but would you really want to approach someone that has had their dogs vocal chords removed? Yeah, I didn't think so...

I'M LAME,
Phil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smile Like You Mean It :)

It seems that the written word takes us a lot further than it used to, in fact we may even use it more to communicate than the good ole face to face. This of course has been helped along with technology, SMS, Facebook Chat, Twitter (something I still have no idea about & hope to keep it that way for the rest of my life), MSN... the list goes on... I think. There is only one major flaw in using the written word to communicate: "Reader Interpretation". With so many sentences, conversations and words floating above us in cyberspace these days, how can we, the writers, ensure that our seemingly harmless replies are not turned into a five-year bout of silent treatment? Thank goodness for emoticons!! :D